Coaching brightens your horizons!
Coaches have the ability to view things from afar — with what some call ‘helicopter vision’ — and to shed new light on difficult situations. Often they can act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help discover opportunities, help sharpen skills, and motivate.
The original form of self-development and self-improvement coaching was Life Coaching. Its style and techniques are the basis upon which all specialty coaching, such as ADHD Coaching, have developed. Let's look at these two forms of coaching that, combined, explain ADHD Life Coaching.
Just as Olympic athletes wouldn’t think of training without the expertise, insight, and goal-setting that an athletic coach provides, many of today’s students, adults, successful business leaders, professionals, executives, entrepreneurs and CEOs use the services of a life coach to take their lives, careers, or businesses to the next level.
ADHD Life Coaching
An ADHD Life Coach utilizes the life coaching techniques described above and adds the following critical aspects to your coaching:
- Education about what ADHD is, it's symptoms, peculiarities, and how they affect your life;
- Specialized techniques for understanding and positively impacting ADHD related issues;
- Providing awareness that there are actually Benefits, and even a few Superpowers, with ADHD that can be harnessed and used to your advantage; and
- An ADHD Coach who is also an ADDer can add Invaluable Perspective because they understand how you see the world.
Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist* and part rent-a-friend, coaches work with students, managers, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and just plain folks, helping them define and achieve their goals: educational, personal, or career.
* Life Coaches and ADHD Life Coaches are trained to recognize when to suggest that a client consider professional counseling or therapy for issues they reveal.